The Northern Ireland Fire and Security Federation is a group of Fire and Security companies who have a genuine interest in improving our industry to benefit of our members, our staff and our
Our federation operates under the following terms of reference.
- To establish a Northern Ireland Federation for the Fire & Security industry;
- To appoint Office Bearers with the Chair-person post rotating every 12 months;
- To ensure a supply of engineers to the industry to meet future demand;
- To research qualification options to train new apprentices and accredit the skills of existing workers within the Fire & Security industry;
- To identify the relevant content for an apprenticeship framework;
- To engage with the Department for Economy (DfE) to fund a new apprenticeship framework post 2019;
- To identify the minimum standards required to accredit existing workers;
- To create a qualifications landscape which will facilitate the introduction of a Skills Card in due course.